Chakra

Chakra

Wednesday, November 2, 2011

The Bottomless Abyss

 This is a old story I posted on Facebook. Well its relevance has sprung up again.

"My Friend Keith Allmon wrote on his wall " Separated from you by a mere two feet of empty air... separated by a bottomless abyss I have no bridge to cross..." Very poetic and power statement. I am unsure in what context he use it in. But I took it as words to a loved one. Words stating We are so close but the distance may well be miles away.
Well then my mind starts turning on. My synapse are firing as if my mind were a Christmas tree on Christmas eve. I start thinking about the many situations I have been in where I could have used these very words. Then I start to think that almost every relationship can use these words at some point in time. My focus moves to the part where he states "I have no bridge to cross..." It strikes a chord in me... A chord that rings so true it is scary. That line hurts me. It hurts the loved one. However it also protects me. It says "I want to be close to you. But as you see I have no bridge to get to you." It reminds me of a simple line I wrote years ago saying "Let me open the little cracks that separate us so I can make impossible to love you." I remember it so well because I lived it so well.

Well as you all know if you know me, I have been trying to turn a new leaf for a while now. So now I am thinking of the line "I have no bridge to cross..." My mind thinks "Jump". Run as fast as you can and try to jump over that bottomless abyss... So I had a chance once..... I ran toward it as fast as I could... I closed my eyes and as soon as I hit the edge I jumped as hard as I could.... Well folks I didn't make it.. It never worked out. Everything I saw on that other side disappeared... It was long gone. But as soon as I was done mourning the loss, I noticed that the scene had changed. I was falling.. It was scary. I felt out of control. but I realized that this is a bottomless abyss. it has no end. I can fall for the rest of my life. And furthermore there are people here falling with me. I can find myself easily being next to them in love because there is no longer a gap between what I want and what they want. Now the obstacle and the art is falling with each other at the same speed. And holding on so we don't drift apart....

Wow I fell pretty damn lucky and enlightened right now.... And if anyone reads this long ass note in it entirety I hope you feel somewhat the same way.... Please comment your thoughts and share."

No comments:

Post a Comment