Chakra

Chakra

Thursday, November 10, 2011

Puscifer ~ the Green valley is my new favorite song.


Last night Nov. 9th of 2011 the Puscifer concert was at the Capitol Theater in SLC and after walking from a long echoing parking garage we stood in line to get in. Polishing off a flask of Jack Daniels my buddy Rick had brought to keep us warm. We finally get in to be frisked by security. We headed up the long, almost 100 year old staircase. Our seats were in the “nose bleed” section, but a capacity of 1300 there is no horrible seat. We sat down…. Now right here I am not going to tell you a lick of what the show was about but rather where the show took me. And seriously it was quite a ride... I walked out the theater at 10:30 last night and I'm still in the zone..... The dude (Maynard James Keenan) is amazing. His band could hold the weight of the universe on their shoulders. But really.. If the world were to be attacked by Demon monkeys from outer space and the only thing that could save the whole earth is kick ass music.... My vote is for all 6 of them to be there.... They threw out so much energy it was hard for me to sit still in my seat...... But the stage crew made the show also.... The lighting was just as much as an emotional ride as the music... Plus add the romance of the Capitol Theater stage.. The show as nothing less than epic.... And I know the term "epic" is thrown around these days like a old shoe.. But I mean epic as in the term explained in Webster. I did find some parts a little drug out making them boring but when taken into the show as a whole. I wouldn't change a thing. I like to think of the show similar to the movie "Paranormal Activity". In a way the movie was good. And it had its scary parts but when it was over you walked out the theater thinking it was a good movie... But it wasn't till you got home late at night until you really noticed the movie's effect on you... Every sound and shadow started to raise the hairs on the back of your neck. I remember walking down the stairs thinking..."wow"... But that was it... My mind hadn't wrapping around it completely yet. But then this morning I started to play the CD "condition of my parole" again... My mind started working again realizing really how great of a show it was. This is one show I will never miss again... And it’s a show you all should see at least once. Now I cannot say you would feel the same way I did. But for me it was everything I love about music, art, and the human experience. Lol. Sounds like a lot but really this is the only way I can explain it to make sense to anyone was not in my mind, listening with my ears, looking with eyes, and feeling the bass beat hitting my chest... Really I can go on and on... But my words couldn't justify it. It was a good show. But for me every piece of a puzzle was in place. The sound, the lights, the stage, the characters, my mood, and a huge part was my mind not knowing what to expect... And from what I hear Maynard keeps changing everything up so you will never get the same show. That is all I have to say about it right now… 

Peace, love and happiness to all of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment